What Elements Should I Include in My eCommerce Site?
Take a closer look at some navigation options that will enhance your customers’ shopping experience, whether they’re shopping on their computer or a mobile device:
- Breadcrumb Navigation: allows visitors to track their location in a website and trace their path back to their original starting point
- Dropdown Menus: helps customers navigate your site quickly by taking a shortcut to the product category they are looking for
- Product Filtering & Details: allows shoppers to refine their product searches based on different attributes
- Related Products on Product Pages: shows shoppers products that are related to the ones they are currently looking at
- Flexible Search Bar Results: gives shoppers advanced search capabilities to pinpoint exactly what they are looking for on any device
- Dynamic Shopping Cart: allows shoppers to quickly see and update their carts no matter where they are on the site
- Shipping Options: offers your customers different shipping methods that suit their delivery needs
- Payment Confirmation & Thank You: shows customers their order and payment information while thanking them for their purchase
If you want to blow the competition out of the water, you may also want to incorporate these additional items on your eCommerce site.
Guest Checkout: Sometimes people are in a rush and don’t have the time or simply do not want to create an entire account just to make a purchase; therefore, a guest checkout option is a great idea for those that want to make a one-time order.
Site Search: Did you know 30% of eCommerce site visitors use the site’s search bar to more quickly find products? Faceted search is also another great addition as this allows users to filter products by department, price range, color, and more.
Security Enabled: All eCommerce sites need an SSL certificate which ensures that a user’s information such as credit card numbers, names, addresses, email, and any other personal information is secure when they make an online purchase. It is essential your site supports SSL; otherwise, how will your customer’s trust you?
Today’s shoppers want to know who they’re buying from. That’s why your branding should remain consistent throughout your website. Why? Because it builds customer loyalty.
1SEO’s content team can help you tell your brand’s story with engaging and actionable website content. Keeping a consistent brand identity across all of your marketing channels is essential to representing your brand properly.
With a clean design and a clear tone that provides strong calls to action, you can answer customer questions like these on every page of your website:
- What is this brand’s history?
- Does it create quality products?
- What are their values?
Get a Website That Grows with Your Business
Our developers will regularly communicate with you during the site design process to ensure that your eCommerce website accurately reflects your brand. Once the website is complete, you will have access to all the information that you need to manage the complete site through a customizable dashboard.
Additionally, our experienced team will help to increase your online visibility through ongoing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) efforts. Proper national SEO techniques can increase the number of visitors to your website by making your site more visible to search engines like Google. More visitors means more opportunities to turn those visitors into customers.
Are You Ready?
It’s time to reimagine your eCommerce website and give your shoppers a seamless experience on both mobile and desktop. Give the 1SEO I.T. Support & Digital Marketing team in Philadelphia a call today to schedule a free one-hour consultation or fill out a contact form!