Barb’s Harley-Davidson is a South Jersey-based motorcycle dealer that serves Greater Philadelphia. The dealership’s owner, Barb Borowiec, purchased the company in 1986, and has seen success from a brick-and-mortar perspective, operating out of a 38,000-square-foot facility in Mount Ephraim, with a satellite location at the Philadelphia Airport.
Client’s Online Pain
Barb’s Harley-Davidson struggled with online visibility before partnering with 1SEO.com Digital Agency, primarily due to their existence in a highly competitive market in a dense geographical area. The catch-22 of operating a business in a populated place is that while a large potential customer base exists, there is also a ton of competition.
1SEO.com Digital Agency’s Strategy
In order to effectively help Barb’s Harley-Davidson rank above their direct competitors, our team researched the local motorcycle sales industry and audited the client’s website to determine useful keywords on which to focus. Beyond outperforming competitors as a primary goal, we also sought to increase Barb’s online visibility and brand awareness; we did so through targeting folks in New Jersey and Pennsylvania whose interests lie in Harley-Davidson motorcycles (new and pre-owned), parts, accessories, riding classes and brand merchandise. Here is a breakdown of our three-pronged approach:
- Our SEO team conducted the initial research, made keyword recommendations, monitored competition, updated keywords as needed (to follow industry trend changes) and built quality backlink applications.
- The content team wrote original, non-duplicated blog articles on a monthly basis for Barb’s Harley-Davidson’s website, which exhibited their industry relevance to customers while enhancing search engine visibility. The content team also distributed monthly press releases, which further enhanced the company’s brand, link building and keyword rankings.
- Our team of Customer Care Associates (affectionately known as our “CCA Team”) kept in constant contact with Barb to provide constant updates and ensure satisfaction. Our CCA team conducted monthly audits of the Barb’s Harley-Davidson website and reported on their keyword data, Google Analytics overview, Google Webmaster Tools queries, Adwords and mobile usability.
Through the efforts of our teams, Barb’s Harley-Davidson has seen success throughout the life of their campaign. They continuously outperform their competitors, which is evident in their current organic rankings for the developed keywords. After just one year, Barb’s Harley-Davidson had 73 keywords ranking on the first page of Google (U.S.), 28 of which are in the top 5 listings.
Barb’s brand awareness has also flourished. From February, 2015 to now, their overall traffic has increased by over 43%. Furthermore, their local traffic results have increased during that timeframe by over 50% New Jersey and 21% in Pennsylvania. Their bounce rates (which is the term for a website visitor who clicks off of a website after viewing only one page) have decreased by over 5% New Jersey and 17% in Pennsylvania.
Barb’s Harley-Davidson’s visibility is also up. Over the course of two months, their organic rankings increased by over 56%, mobile visibility went up by nearly two-thirds, tablet sessions increased by over 44% and desktop sessions spiked by over one-third.
If that sounds like a lot, you’ll be pleased to know that it is. Here is a quick recap:
- 73 keywords ranked on first page of Google
- 28 keywords in top 5 on Google
- Website traffic up by over 43%
- Bounce rates down by over 17% in target area
- Organic rankings up by over 56%
- Mobile visibility up by over 63%
Moral of the Story
What’s the moral of this story? Winning online is a matter of strategy and execution, not a question of geography and competition.
- CLIENT Barb's Harley-Davidson
- YEAR Client Since 2012
- WE DID SEO, PPC, Development & Social Media