In this era of digital marketing and competing for market share online companies have to use every competitive advantage available to them to succeed. If your goal is being found first in organic search results then you need to hire an independent SEO firm. Optimizing your website and keeping up with the ever changing algorithms and trends can be a full time job for any marketing department. Want more leads, more traffic, and more sales? Then you need SEO. Hiring and independent SEO Company is truly an investment in your company’s success that, done ethically and effectively will pay dividends and show a demonstrable ROI.
The factors that play into effective search engine optimization (SEO) are constantly evolving and changing and it is essential to your digital marketing strategy that you keep up with these changes. Effective SEO requires multiple disciplines within many departments and a multi-faceted approach to success. Is your company capable of performing these tasks on an almost daily basis to any degree of competency? For most small to mid-size companies that answer is no. The time and talents of your employees are better utilized within the scope of your business, doing what it is you do best!
A reputable Digital Marketing strategy incorporates many people within many departments to be effective. These positions include:
- SEO strategists team who specialize in market research, competitive analyses, site optimizations and other organic web strategies. The SEO strategist is responsible for identifying target keywords, providing on and off-page recommendations for coding, structure and content as well as providing continuous updates and optimization recommendations.
- Link building team who use various tools and resources to build your site a strong link profile. As search engines crawl the web, links are directional way finding between pages and help the crawlers determine how pages relate to each other and in what ways. A dedicated link building team is paramount to effective SEO and remains a staple of an effective SEO campaign.
- Link removal team who, conversely to link building, detoxify your site’s link profile from unrelated or spammy backlinks which can land you in search engine penalty and severely affect your ability to be found online. These professionals employ tools to identify poor back links as well as search your link profile manually and file link removal requests with the domains web masters and disavow requests with search engines.
- SEO Content writing team who play an integral role in providing useful information both the end user and todays complicated search engine systems can understand. A reputable SEO firm will employ talented writers who, with input from the SEO strategist, will develop well written and relevant content optimized for search engines. This content includes keywords and phrases, how those words and phrases are positioned on the page and the length of the content to be written. In addition to this type of writing, content writers also write press releases and BLOGS employing similar SEO tactics to increase site relevancy and exposure.
- Development team who, in concert with the SEO team, constantly monitor the ever changing technologies available and how best to employ them for a best practice and SEO friendly website. SEO developers achieve this in a way that does not overwhelm or confuse the end user but drives them to the links and relevant content they are searching for in a focused and direct manner. Creating web pages with end user in mind, and employing SEO strategies is a true win-win to drive your site forward in search engine results to lead to more leads and sales.
- Social media team whose focus is building a visible and strong brand presence through high-quality content that will develop an appealing identity and organically attract visitors to your site. Growing your number of followers, and connections across social media platforms can lead to conversations and engagements and help build your brands authority and appeal.
- A dedicated project manager whose position within the circle of a dedicated SEO team can be considered the hub. The central point of contact who works with both the client and the “spokes” of the remainder of the SEO team daily ensuring that the clients’ needs are constantly evaluated and met. The project manager also evaluates and interprets all SEO related data and analytics on a regular basis for potentially negative trends and to make recommendations and provide regular feedback in the form of reports to the client.
Most small to mid-sized, or even larger companies who do not have a dedicated in house marketing team specifically concentrating on SEO do not have the resources, expertise or talent to achieve quality results. SEO strategies are constantly evolving and changing and with algorithm updates from major search engines like Google’s mobile responsive change that will take place on April 21st and other restrictions it is a big job to keep up with internally.
Employing outdated or risky tactics that were acceptable in the past will not only no longer work, but can land your website in search engine ranking penalty. If that occurs the cost of hiring an SEO firm to analyze and correct the errors and get you out of penalty will be much higher than employing a reputable and dedicated SEO firm from the beginning. In short, your company and its resources and talents are better applied to your products and services. Invest in a dedicated, reputable and ethical independent SEO firm.