The Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey (CCGNJ) is a Hamilton, NJ-based non-profit organization whose mission is to educate the public about gambling disorders and to help addicted gamblers access the support, treatment and hope that they need to begin recovery. The Council operates a 24/7, confidential hotline, 1-800-GAMBLER, through which problem gamblers and/or their loved ones can find Gamblers Anonymous meetings and other resources. Their website, www.800gambler.org, hosts a cache of literature on problem gambling.
CCGNJ’s online pain is unique in that it will most likely never go away. Why? Because problematic gambling stems from the human condition. It’s a disorder that resides in people, and addressing it with digital marketing isn’t the same as achieving the kinds of goals every digital marketer typically sets out to for his or her clients. CCGNJ doesn’t want to simply make money, increase conversions, drive traffic, etc. Instead, they are driven by idealism and fueled by their desire to make the world a better place (pardon the cliche) by doing their best to rid it of an affliction that devastates so many people.
During no other time of the year is problematic gambling more prevalent and destructive than the beginning of the NFL playoffs and the conclusion of the NCAA March Madness college basketball tournament (January-April). Given that, CCGNJ sought to direct those in need of help during those months to local Gamblers Anonymous meetings via the Find a Help Meeting page on their website.
We built this strategy around micro moments. Here’s an outline of the plan we had to help this client achieve their online goals:
• Content: Besides optimizing content, we also ensured the right messaging was in place. We worked to grab the attention of problem gamblers with blogs, infographics, and animated videos.
• Social Media: We cultivated a presence on popular platforms to send the right signals to the both people and bots, and boosted certain posts for additional traction.
• PPC: With smart display advertising and remarketing advertising, our PPC team put CCGNJ in front of the right people at the right time.
• SEO: Our SEO strategy for this client revolved around leveraging micro moments by targeting highly-competitive keywords and directing their searchers to the appropriate place.
• Custom Videos: We created two custom videos for specific initiatives and incorporated them into paid online advertising.
Please provide us with the following information and our team of experts will be in touch with you as soon as possible. We look forward to working with you!
We solve business problems, take a consultative approach to every client engagement, and find actionable solutions that will help your organization.
1SEO.com Digital Agency
1414 Radcliffe St #301, Bristol, PA 19007
2825 E Cottonwood Parkway, Suite 500,
Salt Lake City, UT 84121