One piece of the puzzle in the grand scheme of Internet marketing that has always been around, but appears to be getting more press these days, (especially with the rise of social media and Google’s Hummingbird update) is content marketing. Content marketing is also a great way to build your brand’s identity because you are constantly putting great information in front of your customers/clients. Additionally, not only are you demonstrating the fact that you are a thought leader in your industry, but you are giving your customers or clients something new to learn. And this, in theory, makes them want to come back for more!
Content marketing takes on many different forms such as:
- Website content
- Press Releases
The thing that all four of these forms of content marketing have in common is that they all have the ability to inform your target audience. Plus, when you are teaching your target audience, they recognize your brand as being one of the most knowledgeable in its industry. In other words, you are building up its credibility as well as its identity. Last but not least, the more good content you produce, the more you are putting your brand out there to be heard and thus recognized!
So, now that you know how content marketing can build your brand’s identity up, it will just be a matter of how you execute the proper content marketing strategy.
How You Can Start:
- Firmly identity your target audience and where they spend most of their time.
- Put much time and thought into creating content and/or visuals that are incredibly engaging whether it is website content, press releases, blogs, or infographics.
- Be consistent in your content creation. The one and done mentality will not suffice because no matter what industry you are in, there is always something new going on!
- Prepare yourself to engage with your audience because they will want to know who is behind the scenes.
- Revisit step #1 and begin the process all over again!
In the end, how successful content marketing is in helping you build your brand’s identity will be entirely dependent upon how much time you put in it. And, the same can be said for all verticals of Internet marketing whether it is search engine optimization, paid advertising and/or social media optimization/marketing. Consistency is key.